Monday, December 13, 2010

The Rocky Mountain Chalet: What is a Christmas tree for?

When my boyfriend asked me: "Do we really need to get a Christmas tree?" I said: "Yes, we do need it."
But then, thinking about it, why do I need one? What is a Christmas tree for?
Tradition says that bringing the tree from the forest is like calling back the spirits of your ancestors into your house. Maybe that is why Christmas trees bring the family together and make you feel at home.
Staring at my tree now, it does make me feel at home, even though my home is five thousand miles away. Besides that, Christmas is not that much fun without a Christmas tree.
I decorated mine with chocolate Santa's. I am not sure if the Santa's will make it through the 25th of December but the warm feeling I get every time I stare at my tree, I will always remember that.